By Brother Tom Ewald
The planning by the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Masonic Center for the May 4, 2023, Wisconsin Masonic Center Centennial Anniversary Gala Extravaganza at the Wisconsin Masonic Center (WMC), 301 Wisconsin Ave., Madison, is well underway.
We are thinking of starting the celebration in the afternoon and concluding in the early evening. Based on our preliminary planning & preparation, as of the publishing of this article, the day’s events will include several items (which, of course, are subject to change):
• Building Tours: Commencing in the afternoon, several members of Masonic bodies that call the WMC home will be avail- able to conduct top to bottom tours of the building.
• Vendor Presentations: We are arranging to have several presentations by vendors who have contributed to making the WMC what it is today, including its original construction by JH Findorff & Son, Inc., the general contractor.
• Appetizers, Refreshments, & Entertainment: In the Grand Ballroom, Appetizers & Refreshments are planned. For your enjoyment, we have arranged for Whiskey Flats, the band that played at the 2022 Annual Communication, to play during this time.
• Commemorative Coin Sales & Silent Auction: As mentioned in the February issue of the Wisconsin Masonic Journal, to commemorate the WMC’s Centennial Anniversary, we have commissioned a limited number of specially minted gold-filled 3 inch medals struck in a proof-like finish. These medals will be offered for purchase. In addition, a silent auction consisting of a plethora of items will be held to raise funds for the WMC.
• Overview of the WMC Today and Q&A: We are thinking of a short presentation by Bro. Tom Ewald, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Wisconsin Masonic Center, followed by a brief question & answer session.
This event is open to all Masons, their significant others, guests and friends of the WMC. In order for us to get an approximate indication of attendance, invitations will be forthcoming to Wisconsin Freemason Lodges. For additional information and questions, please contact John Prindle, Executive Director of the WMC, or Lisa Zimmerman, Marketing Manager/Event Coordinator, at 608-256-5734.
We hope you will consider joining us on May4, 2023 at the WMC in downtown Madison, WI for an informative and fun experience!!